What is a bid day basket?
Bid day baskets are gifts delivered on bid day (and the following days) to the sorority house a student pledges. Usually, bid day baskets consist of greek items with someone’s new letters and other goodies; everything is hand-picked and wrapped up beautifully for the special occasion!
How will my student know they have a gift being delivered?
If your gift was pre-ordered, it will be delivered to the sorority house in the afternoon on bid day or the following day. Gift orders will be delivered in order of when they are received, so the earlier you place an order the better! We will also continue to deliver throughout the week!
Bid Day is wild! Please let your student know they will have a gift being delivered from Leigh and Letters to their new house. Also please make sure we have your best contact information as well as the contact information for your student, just in case!
When will my Bid day gift be delivered?
What if my student needs to exchange a bid day item?
- If she receives an item she would like to exchange, she is more than welcome to do so during our exchange period (August 28- September 3). We can also issue a store credit to be used at a later date! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to start the exchange process!
What if my student does not receive a bid?
- Just email us and let us know! You will have the option to send her a non-greek themed “happy” gift that can be delivered to her dorm/apartment, or we can cancel your order completely and refund your card! We will make it right, just email us!
What if my student chooses to not accept a bid?
- Contact us as soon as possible! We can only cancel the order if we are notified. You can get a full refund, change your order to a non- greek gift, or we can offer a store credit!
What if my student does not attend Uof SC?
- No problem! We are happy to ship a basket or gift to any school! Please make sure you specify the address where you would like it shipped! Although it will not be hand delivered to the sorority house, it is always fun to get a fun gift in the mail!
How will you know which house my student receives a bid from?
- We do not have any sort of access to the bid lists! We will need you to tell us which house she accepts a bid from. The morning of bid day we will be contacting you to find out! Please let us know as soon as possible to ensure we can wrap and deliver her gift quickly!
Where is my personalized message?
- Your personalized message will be on a card inside of the bid day package. There will be a large name plate tied to the outside of the package so your student can easily find her name!!
Why did my student receive a voucher or replacement item?/
- Due to the nature of this process, we can not absolutely guarantee your student will receive everything you have picked for her. Orders will be filled on a first come first serve basis, so the earlier you order the more likely you are to receive all of your picks! If we do run out of an item (this will not happen often), your student will receive a voucher for the item, or the item will be substituted with something of similar style/equal value. Your student will be able to exchange items during our exchange period: August 28- September 3. We just want to make sure she has something fun to open on Bid Day!!
As always, We are here to help and answer any questions you have about the gift giving process for USC. Please feel free to email us at email@example.com with ANY questions or concerns! We want to make this process as smooth as possible for your student!!
Hi, I'm leigh!
My first year of college, I was a *little* bit of a traitor- I struck out on my own and went to Ole Miss. My friends were at Alabama, Auburn, LSU- and all of us had access to some really cool spirit wear right in our college towns. After my freshman year, Carolina was calling me home. I transferred to UofSC and never looked back. I joined Tri Delta and started my retail and fashion merchandising degree, and just 4 years later, I was an alumni of my favorite school.
Since living in Columbia as a sorority member and gamecock fan, I’ve been disappointed in the availability of trendy, unique merch. We’ve got the classics, but no one is serving a group I feel like I fit into. So this fall, I’ve decided to change it!
WHAT IS A BID DAY BASKET?
The morning of bid day friends and family can opt to send their newest sorority members a celebratory gift basket filled with their new letters. You will be able to build a custom basket with as many items as you’d like! We will handle the wrapping and delivery + we’ll add a personalized gift note if you’d like!